This pharmacy is Creemore’s longest continuously running business, serving the people of Creemore for nearly 140 years.
1878 to 1909 William J. Corbett
They say that W.J. Corbett moved his pharmacy up the road in a wheelbarrow from the village of Avening to the Gowan’s hotel in Creemore. In 1880, he moved a few steps further north to the current location, where the pharmacy remains today.
1909 to 1943 H. Milton Corbett
W.J.’s son, Milton Corbett joined his father following his registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists in 1909 to form W.J. Corbett & Son. During his distinguished career, he was a Registrar of the Ontario College of Pharmacy and President of the Canadian Pharmaceutical Association.
1943 to 1949 Albert G. Orr
A former apprentice of Mr. Corbett, Albert was a former Creemore area resident.
1949 to 1979 Jack Heslip
Mr. Heslip saw many modernizations during his pharmacy career. During this time new pharmaceuticals were being introduced such as antibiotics. Pills became widely accepted.
1979 to 2014 Jean Smart
During Jean's ownership, the dispensary further modernized with the introduction of the computer. Jean served the people of Creemore for 35 years and her and her husband John still reside in Creemore today.
2014 to today Jennifer Yaeck
Jennifer became the sixth owner, joining the history of the pharmacy in 2014. Having vacationed in Wasaga Beach as a child for many years, she always loved the area. Upon looking for a new pharmacy business venture, she learned about Creemore from a pharmacy friend and instantly fell in love with the store and the town.